GFAS, located in the Black Lake region of Northern New York, is a not for profit 501(c)3 dedicated to the rescue, rehab, rehoming, and for some, a loving life-long home. Since 2002, Gracious Friends has cared for many abused and neglected domesticated animals that have been seized, abandoned or surrendered. Our funding comes from donations, grants, and fundraising events.
We have a vision to see a North Country free from abandoned and abused animals. We know it’s a huge undertaking, but one worth working towards!
Our Goals Include:
- Rehabilitation of abused or injured animals;
- Provide a home for unwanted animals unable to be rehomed;
- Provide quality care for as many abused or abandoned animals in the North Country as possible without time constraints;
- Improve relations between animals and humans;
- Educate people to a higher level of understanding involving animal-related issues, especially abuse, level of ignorance and tolerance of that abuse;
- Collaborate with a network of animal lovers and groups, locally, statewide, nationwide and globally
Please help us reach our goals by Volunteering, Adopting or Spreading the Word about us!